Tail rigging

And welcome back to another edition of Pedant Corner...

Some of the pieces on this kit have small marks to indicate where the rigging should attach, but this wasn't done for the cables going to the elevators. To get a decent estimate, I made some measurements off some reference photos and got approximate positions and marked them on some masking tape on the fuselage. Then I got a bit OCD and decided to check... I held up the model (lower wing and tail taped on) to an almost side-on reference photo and took a photo of that. I then took another photo with the model out of the way.
IMG_0278.jpeg

Then, in photoshop I loaded those two images as layers and aligned one on top of the other, then tweaked the photo of the model so it lined up a bit better with the reference image. Putting the model photo on top and lowering the opacity, I then marked the actual positions where the cables enter the fuselage. I gave this a couple of tries with two different reference photos and both showed similar results (black dots are first guess, green dots where they should be):

registered.jpg 

Both holes needed to go about 1mm forward of my initial guess. As a check I also looked at where the holes are with respect to the registration decal. Looks fine!

Told you I was being pedantic.😊

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upper wings